
As most of you know Bryan and I found out in August that we are expecting triplets. It was the most incredible news we have ever heard. We feel so blessed that I just wanted to share in the excitement of our story and give you our testimony of how great our God is.
Three and a half years ago Bryan and I began, like most couples our age, trying to start a family. This was at first an exciting time…the idea of being pregnant, of what our children might look like or who they might be like. But unfortunately for us the road of conceiving was long, what seemed like forever, and hard. Like many couples, we faced the challenges of infertility.
After two years and a few doctors later we found ourselves consulting with a reproductive endocrinologist that would change our lives. After several procedures and attempts with less invasive technology we decided to do invitro fertilization. Our doctor told us that the possibilities of it working were high, after all, we were both very healthy and all of our previous attempts were “text book perfect” but just had not taken. Our family and friends were such an amazing support group, they prayed for us constantly. Fortunately our IVF cycle produced many healthy eggs and we decided to transfer 2 embryo's hoping that one would implant and we would become pregnant. Praise God, in early August we got the news that we were pregnant, just two days before our 6th Anniversary, what an incredible gift!
The absolute miracle of this story came a little later. When I was seven weeks pregnant we were told that there was not 1, not 2, but 3 heart beats!!! We were shocked and overjoyed... words cannot even describe how we both felt… what an amazing plan God had in store for us to bless us with triplets. The most shocking news came a few weeks later when we began seeing our maternal/fetal specialist who found that not only were we expecting three baby boys but that they are all identical. (the technical word is monochorionic triamniotic). This happened from one embryo splitting twice causing identical triplets, this, he said, was extremely rare.
It began to sink in then, this was our plan, God had waited for the perfect time for us, He knew that these were our baby boys the whole time. For years I have prayed for us to have a child, I cried out with sometimes what seemed to be a hopeless heart. But I was constantly encouraged by my husband, family and friends and I thank God for them every day. God has answered my prayers in ways that I didn’t even pray for… our journey has taught me patients, that things aren’t always in our control (as they usually aren’t) and sometimes God has bigger plans for us than we could ever imagine!
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37:4

No comments:
Post a Comment