Thursday, February 7, 2008

30 Weeks and Counting!!



This week was a big milestone for us, we are finally at 30 weeks! At 30 weeks many of the risks associated with premature birth go down significantly so that is very comforting news. We are still doing well and holding out and our doctor feels confident that we will make it at least to 32 weeks if not longer. We are still hopeful that our boys will be born sometime in March which would mean I would make it to at least 34 weeks but we know that God is in control and our baby boys will be born on His time, not ours.

We had a sonogram on Thursday and the boys are continuing to grow, grow, grow (as am I)! Baby A is 3.1 pounds, Baby B is 3.1 pounds, and Baby C is 2.12 pounds. This is the first time that they have ever had different weights but our doctor assured us that this is fine and it has actually been uncommon (he actually said a miracle ;)) for them to weigh the same every time.

I have been trying to eat more protein to help fatten up the babies and hopefully in the end it will really pay off. Eating and monitoring actually consumes most of my day. I think the conception of being in the hospital on bed rest makes people think you are bored out of your mind but actually the days go by really fast. My typical day consists of 3 monitoring sessions at an hour a piece (sometimes 2 depending on my contractions and how well the babies cooperate while getting their heart rates), nurses coming in every couple of hours for vital signs, nurses coming in 3 times a day for meds, eating 3 meals a day, 2 snacks and 2 ensure ice cream shakes (yes, this seems excessive and it feels that way too... but believe me these boys are taking every bit of it!), showering and changing into some fresh lounge clothes, and of course talking on the phone, texting, and checking my email. OH and if I am fortunate enough, visiting with people who stop in. Fit that all into a 14 hour day and it becomes pretty full. My favorite time though is when we get to get our ultrasounds and see our little miracles which is about every 3 days. It is amazing how all three are fitting inside my tummy!

These are actually picts that were taken at 27 weeks, two days before I went into the hospital but I wanted to share them!




Aunt Mandy and Reagan hugging her cousins!


Aunt Mandy with Reagan and Kenzie, they sure can't wait to meet their cousins!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Yeah!! I am so glad you started this blog!! I love all your pictures. I am so glad you are doing so good! I can't wait to see you! Taylor,Kaylea,& Jarron all say Hi and we all miss you!!
Love,Lori

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy as I read this I get teary eyed I am so overjoyed for you guys and your strength through all of it is such an inspiration!!! We will continue to pray as we know God has each and everyone of you in his hands, can't wait to read more on the progress you are making and looking forward to the next complete week!!

Anonymous said...

Mandy I'm so glad you started this what a Great way to keep us all up to date on your progress. I am praying for ya'll and can't wait untill your little bundles of Joy get here. Love ya!! :)

Anonymous said...

Mandy I'm so glad you started this what a Great way to keep us all up to date on your progress. I am praying for ya'll and can't wait untill your little bundles of Joy get here. Love ya!! :)

SuperNanna said...

Sorry, I made a new blog cause my old one didn't have my picture on it. I hope you are doing good. I'm so glad you made this... Please keep it updated. I'm praying for ya'll. Love ya :)